A Raw Material Manager that will further develop our Procurement team. Are you a strategic, pro-active and creative thinker with the power of persuasion?
What are you going to be doing?
You are part of the Macro Raw Material Procurement team and report to the Raw Material Director. Your responsibility will stretch over one or several of the ForFarmers’ operating countries (currently NL, DE, BE, UK, PL). The primary function of this role is to develop and implement a coherent sourcing strategy across the group leveraging ForFarmers’ scale and supplier relationships while ensuring operational performance and cost competitiveness through the day to day procurement activities.
As we develop our strategic sourcing agenda further this role will be instrumental to facilitate this process in the specific raw material category. In cooperation with the relevant stakeholders you will support the strategic direction of ForFarmers and develop and implement adequate procurement solutions that enable us to be long term competitive in the market place.
Operationally you will secure competitive raw material sourcing in line with business needs and volume requirements short, mid and long term, taking into account market developments while abiding by the ForFarmers purchasing risk management policy. You will work with supply chain partners and internal stakeholders to guarantee best in class supply chain performance at the lowest total cost of ownership (raw material cost + logistics costs + storage/inventory costs).
What will be your most important tasks and responsibilities as a Category Buyer?
- Set the sourcing strategy for the specific raw material category to ensure short, mid and long term competitiveness.
- Develop a holistic supplier relationship management plan, drive supplier performance improvement and evolve the supplier base.
- Competitively source raw materials within your portfolio based on your market analysis and ForFarmers’ needs.
- Guarantee operational performance by being a pro-active business partner to the operation & production community at ForFarmers.
- Actively seek and deliver cost and process improvement projects.
The following is included on your CV:
- University degree (bachelor or master degree).
- Relevant work experience preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain or R&D positions is desirable.
- Experience in the feed sector & raw material market are a plus.
- High literacy in MS Excel and MS Office package, SAP knowledge is desirable.
- Strong communication skills in English (must), Dutch/German are desirable.
Who are you?
Are you a driven and pro-active team player, technical curious with a can do attitude? A strategic thinker and relationship builder, capable of influencing stakeholders and senior management and with the ability to develop and implement process improvements throughout the organisation? Then we are looking for you!
Do you have any questions? Get in touch with Gert-Jan Hermanussen, Raw Material Director, through our central telephone number: +31 (0)573 - 28 88 00.