A hands-on, pragmatic and self-starting data scientist to work as part of a multi-department innovation team, with a demonstrable track record of building data solutions from scratch.
What are you going to be doing?
The Data Scientist is appointed to a multi-department innovation programme which consists of cutting-edge innovations in the overlapping area of Nutrition/Formulation, Supply Chain and/or IT/digital. You are helping the organisation to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, ultimately facilitating smarter decision-making and better quality products and services at ForFarmers. You build the bridge between various departments bringing together agri-experts, engineers, combined with data-analytics. You have the authority to run projects, or act as a specialist in project teams. Primary focus is in development and maintenance of models and algorithms tailored to this business, by bringing together data and processes at system level. Data mining techniques and statistical analyses are applied, building high quality prediction systems that can be integrated in our processes.
What will be your most important tasks and responsibilities as a Data Scientist?
- You work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities
- You execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various departments
- You identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- You apply data mining techniques using state-of-the-art methods thereby extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- You use 20% of the time to find and lead opportunities of new (product) development inclusive opportunity definition, business plan, scope, requirements and execution
The following is included on your CV:
- You have a Master degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science, Bio systems Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have at least 2 years of project management experience
- You have experience with SQL and programming languages like Java/Python, SAS and/or R
- You have excellent experience with Business Intelligence toolkits like MS PowerBI or equivalent
- You have proven language skills: Dutch, English and preferably German verbal and written.
Who are you?
Are you the data scientist that can build bridges between departments and wants to take ForFarmers to the next level in innovations? Then we are looking for you!
Do you have any questions? Get in touch with Marleen de Rond-Schouten via our central telephone number: +31 (0)573 - 28 88 00.