Are you a Hazardous substances coordinator with good knowledge of health and safety in a manufacturing environment. A team player, with influencing communication skills and a high quality standard?
What are you going to be doing?
The main purpose of the role is the advise on the suitability of use of all materials used in the ForFarmers Group (across 5 countries) to ensure they will not adversely affect the health of our employees, are safe to use and are environmentally suitable. Materials to be handled include: raw materials, lab materials, technical articles, pesticides, fertilizers.
The role is mainly office based, but will involve occasional site visits to other Forfarmers sites in order to make more detailed assessment as and when required. You will work closely with the Health and Safety Officers (HSO), the Formulations team, Procurement team and production facilities.
The role will be based at our Lochem site in the Netherlands however this could be negotiable to one of the sites close to Lochem.
Although the role will be predominantly in the area of managing hazardous substances, the candidate will also support the Health and Safety department and will work closely with all ForFarmers HSO’S.
What will be your most important tasks and responsibilities as a Hazardous substances coordinator?
- Identify and risk assess hazardous substances
- Identify and advise on safety control measures required when hazardous substances must be used, and deliver training sessions.
- Deliver advice to formulation teams, site management teams and product users on safe handling and user information for hazardous substances.
- Formulation and implementation of workplace user instruction cards for point of use handling.
The following is included on your cv:
- At least 3 years’ experience in H&S function preferably working within hazardous substance environment.
- Diploma or equivalent in Occupational hygiene is essential
- Knowledge of Advanced REACH Tool (ART) is essential
- Knowledge of ATEX would be advantageous
- English, Dutch language essential and German language would be an advantage.
- Computer skills i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint is essential
Who are you?
You will be able to work in a structured way and be able to advise key stakeholders (several different departments) in a clear and concise manner to ensure that hazardous substance risks are managed in an appropriate way.
The role can, from time to time, be carried out whilst working from home.
Are you the Hazardous substance coordinator we’re looking for?
Do you have any questions? Get in touch with Jim Kelleher Group Health and Safety Manager +44 (0) 7786171682
Because of the corona measures, we will use video interviews for job interviews at least until 28 April.